Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Iron Man Las Vegas Premiere

So I'm on my way home after a VERY long day at work, and just as I'm pulling in to my driveway, I get a call from my friend (a fellow toy collector) who tells me he's down at RAVE standing in line holding my pass to get in to the Iron Man premiere! Needless to say, I went straight down there, shirt, tie, dress slacks & all.
Let me tell you this: This move had a LOT of build up for me, and it did not disappoint. The casting is perfect, and the pace of the movie is right on. Lots of nods to fans of the classic book, and of course Stan Lee has his cameo, and it's a really short one, albeit a great one! It's amazing what happens when you let a real fan (with talent) direct a comic book movie. I don't want to ruin anything for anyone, I think we all know the story, and frankly, the sequel can't get here fast enough. I predict that Iron Man toys that are hanging on the shelves today will not be come next Monday.

Thank to Talker for the hook-up, get out there Friday & go see it!

???man

No comments: